Where's Sally (and Sarah and Mitty) ?????
Updated: 29 July 1997
The information below was the original material on the Page as we tracked Sally,
Sarah, and Mitty on their journey to Vietnam. They are back, and they had a very fulfilling
trip...lots of emotion.
Mitty has produced a wonderful five-part series, "The Ghosts of War," which has appeared on
a number of ABC-affiliated television channels. We are going to put pieces of it on this
Page as soon as we can.
Be sure to see some of Sally's pictures of her trip at the end of this "original material."
Sally's Itinerary (subject to change):
- 13 March: Depart for Vietnam via Dallas, Seoul Korea, Hong Kong.
- 14 March: Arrive Hanoi. Spend a week or so there.
- 22 March: Plane to Danang ... spend the night?
- 23 March: Train to Hue and spend a couple of days in the area. Train back to Danang.
- 25 March: Fly to Saigon. Park at Saigon Hotel.
- 29 March: Sarah and Mitty (+ one ABC cameraperson) meet Sally in Saigon.
- 30 March: Travel to location where Bill Griffis lost his life in 1970. (Done
- 10 April: Return to the World (actually a misnomer...VN is very much a part of "the
World" these days).
Here are updated Maps showing Sally's planned itinerary and
current location (plus or minus a couple hundred klicks or so), the Hanoi area, and location
where Bill died. We'll update these from time to time as we get info on her pos.
Some great guys from the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association and Crew Members Network are
working behind the scenes to pinpoint the location of where Bill was killed in a helicopter
crash. We'll post those maps as available. See Sally's pictures below for photos of this
Any Trip notes or email we get from Sally will be posted here.
***View some of Sally's trip pictures Here.***